Banana Oat Pancakes with Strawberry Topping
1. Put your strawberries and 1 tbsp of maple syrup into a pan on a low heat and leave to cook stirring occasionally.
2. Place ¾ of the banana, the oats, protein powder, egg whites and milk into a blender.
3. Blitz until a smooth thick mixture forms.
4. Heat a couple of sprays of the coconut oil in a non-stick frying pan and pour in your mixture into medium sized pancake shapes.
5. Cook for 30 seconds – 1 minute on each side. TIP: you will know when to flip as little bubbles will form on the top of the pancake. That is your cue to flip!
6. Repeat until you have used all your batter and top with the rest of your banana, cooked strawberries and that final drizzle of maple syrup.
This delicious oat pancakes recipe is a wholesome breakfast. It's the perfect pre-run recipe (minimum 2 hours before) to keep you going and then some. Supplied from our guest blogger Joanna Lowy.
- 1 large banana
- 80g Nairn's Gluten Free Scottish Porridge Oats
- 1 scoop of protein powder
- 70g egg whites
- 50ml unsweetened almond milk
- 80g strawberries (chopped)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup (or honey)
- Fry light coconut spray oil (for cooking)