Caramelised onion dip or spread
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan and sauté the onions and garlic. Cook on medium to low heat until they are caramelised, about 30 minutes. Allow to cool to room temperature.
- Place the onions, cream cheese, sour cream and lemon in a food processor and pulse to combine. Adjust the seasoning to taste. Stir in the chives.
- Chill until needed. Spoon onto the oatcakes to serve.
Perfect for entertaining, this tasty dip is an ideal accompaniment for our oatcakes.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 onions, peeled and chopped finely
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 115g cream cheese
- 115g sour cream
- Zest and juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1tbsp chives, finely chopped
- Salt & pepper