Gluten Free Spiced Chai Porridge
- Add the water and milk to a small saucepan and heat on a medium temperature until it starts to boil.
- While this is heating up, mash the banana in a bowl then add in the GF oats, spices and salt
- Turn the heat down as soon as the liquid has boiled and add your oats etc to the pan, stirring together until everything is fully mixed. Stir in the almond butter and maple syrup
- Heat on a low temperature for a few minutes whilst the mixture starts to thicken up
- Turn the heat off when you have a creamy consistency and pour into a bowl
- Top with slices of banana, blackberries, figs and extra almond butter
Our amazing influencer Sophie of Oat So Delicious put together this amazing autumnal porridge recipe infused with chai goodness and beautiful spices that makes for a warm and cosy breakfast.
Sophie has plenty of other beautiful recipes on her site, so go and check it out!
- 240 ml milk of choice
- 240 ml water
- 1 ripe banana
- 100 g Nairn's Gluten Free Scottish Porridge Oats
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp cardamom
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tbsp maple syrup