Greek chicken salad
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan and sauté the onions and garlic. Cook on medium to low heat until they are caramelised, about 30 minutes. Allow to cool to room temperature.
- Place the onions, cream cheese, sour cream and lemon in a food processor and pulse to combine. Adjust the seasoning to taste. Stir in the chives.
- Chill until needed. Spoon onto the oatcakes to serve.
Looking for a tasty light lunch? Our oatcakes make the perfect base for this delicious salad.
Recipe by Christine Bailey
- 2 boneless chicken breasts, skinned
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ small red onion finely chopped
- ½ cucumber, peeled, quartered and seeded and diced
- Handful of fresh parsley, chopped
- 60g feta cheese, cut into small cubes
- For The Dressing
- Anchovy, finely chopped
- 2tsp small capers, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 5tbsp olive oil or omega blended oil