Hot smoked trout with olive caper salsa
Flake the hot smoked trout and place in a bowl.
Put the olives, capers, parsley and lemon in a food processor and finely chop. Add the oil and pulse on and off to form a thick chunky paste. Tip into the bowl and mix with the trout. Season with black pepper to taste.
Spoon over the oat cakes to serve.
Nutritional Information Calories per serving Calories 89kcal Protein 7.3g Carbohydrates 0.1g Total Fat 6.3g of which saturates 0.8g
A great canape if you’re looking for something a bit different (but still yummy, of course!). A pout free party is guaranteed with this tasty trout.
- 225g / 7 ½ oz hot smoked trout
- 115g / 4oz pitted green olives
- 1tbsp capers, rinsed and drained
- 2tbsp flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1tbsp lemon juice
- 2tbsp flaxseed oil or olive oil
- Black pepper to taste
- Nairn's Gluten Free Oatcakes