Modern prawn cocktail
In a small bowl, add all the sauce ingredients and whisk together until fully combined and smooth
Break the lettuce into small pieces and place one piece on each oatcake. Top with a king prawn.
Scatter the diced cucumber around and over the king prawn, followed by the chives and Marie Rose sauce.
Finally, top the oatcakes with 3 pieces of cherry tomato.
Mark Greenaway's twist on the classic makes for a perfect oatcakes topping, and only takes a couple of minutes to throw together!
- 6 cooked and peeled king prawns
- 1/4 iceberg lettuce
- 1/4 cucumber, skin and seeds removed and cut into small dice
- 3 cherry tomatoes cut into quarters
- chives chopped (for garnish)
- Fine oatcakes (for serving)
- For the Marie Rose sauce
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp ketchup
- 1 pinch paprika
- 1 teaspoon Worcester sauce