Strawberry, lime & oat smoothie
Heat a non-stick frying pan and toast the oats for 2-3 minutes until golden. Add the nuts and seeds and toast for a further minute.
Pour into a bowl and add the flaxseed and cinnamon.
Place the strawberries in a blender with the lime juice and milk. Blend until smooth. Add 6tbsp of the oat mixture and blend again until smooth. Pour into glasses and top with a spoonful of the oat mixture.
Best served with a spoon.
Why not try this delicious summer time smoothie.
- 60g / 2oz Nairn’s gluten free porridge oats
- 1tbsp desiccated coconut
- 30g / 1oz macadamia nuts, chopped
- 15g / ½ oz cashew nuts, chopped
- 15g / ½ oz pumpkin seeds
- 1tbsp ground flaxseed
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 400g / 12 oz fresh or frozen strawberries
- Juice of 2 limes
- 500ml / 17floz / 2 cups milk or milk alternative