Sundried Tomato Hummus Topping
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas. Add all the hummus ingredients to a food processor and blend until combined and to a smooth consistency. Season to taste. Transfer to a bowl to serve.
- Toast the pine nuts in a small dry frying pan over a medium heat for 5 minutes until they just start to turn golden. Stir regularly to prevent them from burning. Remove frGuom the heat and set to one side.
- Serve your Nairn’s Rough Oatcakes with sundried tomato hummus, a sundried tomato, toasted pine nuts sprinkled on top and a basil leaf.
- Store any left-over sundried tomato hummus in an airtight container in the fridge and eat within 4 days.
A delicious home-made sundried tomato hummus that is quick and easy to make. Moreish, full of flavour and perfect when spread on Nairn’s Rough oatcakes with a few toasted pine nuts, a sundried tomato and a fresh basil leaf.
Recipe by Healthy Twist:
- Sundried tomato hummus spread
- 140g sundried tomatoes
- 1x 400g tin chickpeas, drained
- 3 tbsps. light tahini
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 4 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tbsp. water
- Pinch of salt
- Few twists of black pepper
- To serve
- 30g pine nuts, toasted
- 40g sundried tomatoes
- Fresh basil leaves